A.R.T Foods Terms and Conditions
1. DEFINITIONSIn these terms and conditions:
1.1 “The Company” means A.R.T Foods Limited and its divisions, subsidiary companies and any other marketing or trading names in use.
1.2 “The Customer” means any person, firm, company or other legal entity which places an order, or buys any Products from the Company and includes the employees, servants, agents, principals (whether disclosed or undisclosed) or sub-contractors of any such person, firm, company or other legal entity.
1.3 “Products” means any Food and/or Equipment and/or Non-Food agreed in the Contract to be supplied by the Company to the Customer.
1.4 “Equipment” means any machine or equipment.
1.5 “Food” means any food or beverage.
1.6 “Non-Food” means any goods which are not Food or Equipment.
1.7 “Contract” means a contract between the Company and the Customer for the sale and purchase of the Products.
1.8 “Terms and Conditions” means these terms and conditions of sale.
2. PLACING AN ORDER2.1 By placing an order with the Company either via the Company’s telesales department or the Company’s website, the Customer is offering to purchase the Products on the basis of these Terms and Conditions. The Contract shall be formed when the Company acknowledges acceptance of the Customer’s order or delivers the Products to the Customer whichever occurs earlier.
2.2 The Customer is responsible for ensuring that the terms of any order are complete and accurate.
2.3 No pricing made available to the Customer in any way shall constitute an offer and the Company may amend its prices at any time. Prices are quoted inclusive of VAT which shall be charged if applicable.
2.4 The Contract is subject to availability of stock and the Company reserves the right to vary or alter the specification of Products without notice unless otherwise agreed in writing with the Customer.
2.5 The Contract constitutes the entire agreement between the parties and the Customer acknowledges that it has not relied on any statement, promise or representation made or given by, or on behalf of, the Company which is not set out in the Contract.
2.6 Any drawings, descriptions or serving suggestions contained in The List or any other of the Company’s brochures or on the Company’s website are produced for the sole purpose of giving an approximate idea of the Products. They shall not form part of the Contract or have any contractual force.
2.7 By ordering any products from A.R.T Foods Limited, the following must be provided by the customer:
- Your address, including the postcode of the billing address associated with the payment card.
- Your home telephone number.
- Your email address, so we can supply you with important information such as your order confirmation and changes to the A.R.T Foods Delivery Service.
2.8 A.R.T Foods Limited only sells goods on our website to the end user and they should not, in any way, be resold without our prior written consent.
3. DELIVERY3.1 A.R.T Foods Limited uses a next day carrier to delivery all items purchased from artfoods.co.uk. If no special instructions are added during the delivery details screen of the order process, as the customer you are agreeing to sign for the delivery.
3.2 No boxes shall be returned to the depot; they shall be left at the delivery address and chargeable to you, the customer.
3.3 Special requirements shall be followed, but please make sure that they are deemed 'reasonable' e.g. allowing ample space in freezers for the delivery boxes. Instructions to knock at a neighbour’s house should mean it is within short walking distance of your property, and does not involve the courier travelling any further.
3.4 If a premium delivery service (before 10am, before 12pm) is requested, your order shall be prioritised and we shall endeavour to deliver your food by this time. However due to circumstances beyond our control such as weather and traffic conditions we may not always be able to deliver by the time specified. The estimated delivery times are not guaranteed and refunds will not be made if this situation is to occur.
3.5 We shall attempt to contact you prior to the driver leaving a failed delivery, as we are keen to make sure that the service works for you, but we can't guarantee we shall be able to get hold of you.
3.6 We reserve the right to restrict deliveries in certain areas and this includes the right to withdraw the service altogether
3.7 If using the online delivery service for frozen products, A.R.T Foods cannot guarantee that the products will be delivered in a frozen state. A.R.T Foods Limited have tested and taken every precaution to package the frozen products to preserve during transit allowing only slight thawing. It is at the customers own risk whether the products are refrozen after the delivery has been received.
4. CANCELLATION OF AN ORDER(UNITED KINGDOM DISTANCE SELLING REGULATIONS)
4.1 As an online retailer A.R.T Foods is governed by the UK Distance Selling Regulations. However, as we are selling perishable goods, the regulations relating to the return of unwanted goods do not directly apply to us. For more information, please go to www.gov.uk/bis
4.2 Orders can be cancelled any time up until the moment that they are dispatched (This is normally around 12pm on the day before you are expecting delivery).
5. REFUND POLICY5.1 If you are unsatisfied with any of the items in your order or any part of the delivery service from A.R.T Foods, please contact us - either by emailing or calling us via the Contact Us page of the website and select the preferred method of contact.
5.2 If you would like to make a comment or recommendation regarding our food, then please visit the Contact Us page of the website and select the preferred method of contact.
5.3 As we sell perishable goods, we ask that you - the customer - inspect the food once you have received any goods. If you are unhappy with the goods, please contact us immediately via the office line on 01952 510030.
If we have sent you an incorrect item, please notify us as soon as possible. If you would like us to replace the incorrect item with the item that you ordered, we shall send you the correct one as soon as possible.